AMF SAFETY and HOUSE RULES
Each bowler and parent or adult in charge of a group agrees to the following Safety and House Rules:
- Warning. Be cautious when bowling or using the facilities of the center. Bowling is an active, competitive sport requiring physical conditioning, coordination and skill and can present dangerous situations and the risk of serious injury. Due to the physical requirements of bowling, a fall or accident and an injury, may occur regardless of the condition of the approach and other areas of the center.
- Responsibility. Each parent or adult in charge, especially when children are bowling or present, is responsible for teaching each person in the group the Safety Rules and making sure the rules are followed.
- Approach. No food or drink on the approach. Slippery, wet or sticky spots or substances can affect a bowler's slide and delivery and cause a fall and serious injury. Inspect the approach each time before bowling and make adjustments. Take practice slides. If the approach is sticky or slippery, stop bowling and ask a staff member for assistance.
- Ball and Shoes. Wear bowling shoes while bowling. Have the correct fit for the bowling ball and shoes. See a staff member for help selecting or changing a ball or shoes. Clean the soles of shoes before bowling, after going to the rest room or anywhere else in or outside of the center. Moisture, humidity or a slippery or sticky substance on the sole of a shoe can cause a fall and serious injury.
- Foul Line. Lanes are treated with oil and are extremely slippery. Crossing the foul line can cause a fall and serious injury. After crossing the foul line, clean the soles of shoes before bowling. Ask a staff member for help.
- Tripping Hazards. Watch for step-ups to and from the approach, settee and concourse and other areas of the center and keep all coats, bags and personal belongings out of the walking paths to avoid tripping. Tell a staff member about any tripping hazard right away.
- Equipment. Mechanical equipment is dangerous and can cause injuries. If a ball or pin is stuck or the bumper must be raised or lowered, ask a staff member for assistance.
- Ball Return. The ball return has moving parts. Serious injury can result from reaching into the ball return opening. Keep hands away from the ball return and ball return tray. Watch children.
- AMF will strive to serve customers in a friendly and courteous manner. No person will be denied service on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability or age.
- AMF may refuse service or access to a center based on a customer's inappropriate behavior or dress. Clothing displaying objectionable pictures/words may not be worn.
- There will be no use of alcohol or illegal drugs, other than alcoholic beverages provided by AMF, and no disruptive behavior (i.e., rough play or fighting) or use of profanity or foul language in the center.
- Customers must comply with laws and regulations controlling the use of alcoholic beverages.
- Customers must remain in designated public areas of the center.
- AMF does not permit outside food or drink (except birthday cakes or similar items approved in advance by AMF) in the center.
- No item which, in AMF's opinion, may be dangerous, encourage aggressive behavior or be disruptive is permitted in the center.
- AMF may, in its sole discretion, delay, suspend or end a bowling game or suspend or cancel a customer's use of the center in whole or in part and at any time for any reason without penalty or refund.
- AMF may satisfy any obligation to any bowler concerning a claim or dispute relating to the use of the center by refunding the bowling fee paid by the customer on the date such obligation arose.
- AMF is not liable for delays, postponements or other circumstances related to or caused by circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to the unavailability of lanes, loss of electricity, inclement weather, scheduling, fire, earthquake or flood.
- AMF will have no liability or responsibility for injury to, or loss, theft or property damage suffered by, a customer while at the center, except to the extent such loss/damage is caused by AMF's willful misconduct.
- AMF will not keep score except by its automatic scoring equipment and is not responsible for equipment failure.
- A customer may not display decorating or promotional material without AMF's permission.