AMF SAFETY and HOUSE
Each bowler and parent or adult in charge of a group agrees to
the following Safety and House Rules:
- Warning. Be cautious when bowling or
using the facilities of the center. Bowling is an active,
competitive sport requiring physical conditioning, coordination and
skill and can present dangerous situations and the risk of serious
injury. Due to the physical requirements of bowling, a fall or
accident and an injury, may occur regardless of the condition of
the approach and other areas of the center.
- Responsibility. Each parent or adult in
charge, especially when children are bowling or present, is
responsible for teaching each person in the group the Safety Rules
and making sure the rules are followed.
- Approach. No food or drink on the
approach. Slippery, wet or sticky spots or substances can
affect a bowler's slide and delivery and cause a fall and serious
injury. Inspect the approach each time before bowling and
make adjustments. Take practice slides. If the approach
is sticky or slippery, stop bowling and ask a staff member for
- Ball and Shoes. Wear bowling shoes while
bowling. Have the correct fit for the bowling ball and
shoes. See a staff member for help selecting or changing a
ball or shoes. Clean the soles of shoes before bowling, after
going to the rest room or anywhere else in or outside of the
center. Moisture, humidity or a slippery or sticky substance
on the sole of a shoe can cause a fall and serious injury.
- Foul Line. Lanes are treated with oil
and are extremely slippery. Crossing the foul line can cause
a fall and serious injury. After crossing the foul line,
clean the soles of shoes before bowling. Ask a staff member
- Tripping Hazards. Watch for step-ups to
and from the approach, settee and concourse and other areas of the
center and keep all coats, bags and personal belongings out of the
walking paths to avoid tripping. Tell a staff member about
any tripping hazard right away.
- Equipment. Mechanical equipment is
dangerous and can cause injuries. If a ball or pin is stuck or the
bumper must be raised or lowered, ask a staff member for
- Ball Return. The ball return has moving
parts. Serious injury can result from reaching into the ball
return opening. Keep hands away from the ball return and ball
return tray. Watch children.
- AMF will strive to serve customers in a friendly and courteous
manner. No person will be denied service on the basis of ethnicity,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability or
- AMF may refuse service or access to a center based on a
customer's inappropriate behavior or dress. Clothing displaying
objectionable pictures/words may not be worn.
- There will be no use of alcohol or illegal drugs, other than
alcoholic beverages provided by AMF, and no disruptive behavior
(i.e., rough play or fighting) or use of profanity or foul language
in the center.
- Customers must comply with laws and regulations controlling the
use of alcoholic beverages.
- Customers must remain in designated public areas of the
- AMF does not permit outside food or drink (except birthday
cakes or similar items approved in advance by AMF) in the
- No item which, in AMF's opinion, may be dangerous, encourage
aggressive behavior or be disruptive is permitted in the
- AMF may, in its sole discretion, delay, suspend or end a
bowling game or suspend or cancel a customer's use of the center in
whole or in part and at any time for any reason without penalty or
- AMF may satisfy any obligation to any bowler concerning a claim
or dispute relating to the use of the center by refunding the
bowling fee paid by the customer on the date such obligation
- AMF is not liable for delays, postponements or other
circumstances related to or caused by circumstances beyond its
control including but not limited to the unavailability of lanes,
loss of electricity, inclement weather, scheduling, fire,
earthquake or flood.
- AMF will have no liability or responsibility for injury to, or
loss, theft or property damage suffered by, a customer while at the
center, except to the extent such loss/damage is caused by AMF's
- AMF will not keep score except by its automatic scoring
equipment and is not responsible for equipment failure.
- A customer may not display decorating or promotional material
without AMF's permission.